29 Again

in total denial of being in my 30s.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

You can see me now...

When you're the only girl riding in the car with boys, there are perks that goes with it. They open the door for you, let you take the front seat, let you pick the channel on the radio and tend to (or act like) they're hanging on to your every word. In every group of friends there is always the star of the show. Riding in the car with boys gives the instant celebrity status even if its just amongst friends. Life was that good.


One such friday, I ditched my regular boys to chase strawberries down with champagnes at Atmosphere's anniversary when i spied with my little eye: my beautiful raven haired J i knew from a week back, hanging out with a few friends. She told me she was busy. I chose not to get worked up about it and went out with new and selected friends. I got myself busy at the choccy fountain dipping strawberries, trying to ignore few amorous gents when Joanne came up and spoke to me.


How do you like it?


Excuse me, Hi?
I asked nicely.


I'm Joanne. You're Mj!


I know who you are. How do you know me?


How do you like it? she asked again, her eyes lingered on my finger coated in melted chocolate.


I smiled, licked my finger (not in a hamsup way) and replied: 'Could be better with champagnes! though i think they ran out of it'.


She touched me and said, 'you wait here, i'll get you one'


'Two!'
i said - a decibel above the average chatters as i watched her disappeared into the crowd. My eyes starts to wander to the outlet on the other side of the club watching J. I smiled at her. She nodded back at me. She seemed to have whispered something to her friends and started walking in my direction. On the far right, Joanne weaves her way to me with a waiter behind her and 3 champagne flutes. She waved, I smiled. Inside i panicked.

J was next to me first, Joanne was stopped by few admirers on her way. At that time, the resident photographer asked to snap few pictures. We posed for what i can say, the best picture of us together. That was the time i first met Vincent. He was the photographer then, now a really good friend.

J asked me what was i doing at the Atmosphere's anniversary? I said i came with a friend, 'since you're too busy with your own to even tell me where you're partyin'.

Are you stalking me? she asked.

You sure wish! i smiled; not wanting to create any trouble.

She left to join her friends while i whored myself for another camera. Joanne finally arrived with her waiter who served me the champagnes. We were just getting into a conversation when the deejay called for her. Joanne was the celebrity emcee for the night. Just before she walked off she pointed at me: "i've got some stuff to do, you stay here. i'll be back" -

I shrugged. I was ready to leave for another club. I texted J about my departure, grabbed my date's car keys tossed it over Mark a devilishly handsome gay man and told him to chauffeur us to Liquid. When you're riding in the car with any boys, they are gentlemen enough to let you do what you want. Mark started the car, i pushed her to the back seat, pulled her clothes off and went down. In the boxy BMW there's only so much space to maneuver. If i had the metals, she'd be cuffed down. Mark enjoyed the driving and when we arrived at our next destination, we were properly tousled as Mark opened our door.

i hopped out, breezed through the door bitch, went to the ladies to wash up, ditched my date when i ran into Rachel. I look out to Mark, he nodded to me and lets me go while he keeps the other one occupied and not crying. Before the end of the night, i was on the phone texting sweet nothing to J with one hand, the other hand was clasp in Rachel's while my date - was working the back of my neck and nicknaming me Shane. i certainly do not remember how i got home or who i brought home.

I'm so far away from being Shane. At least, at that time - I've not watched the show yet. I prefer to say i'm Stuart Allen Jones; but my conquests - was not even par level. I did use his line however, when Rachel asked me 'When can i see you again?'

I answered: You can see me now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home